Practice Areas


At Salusky Law Group, we aggressively represent clients facing employment, discrimination and harassment issues, personal injury matters and other legal challenges. We are recognized through California for providing skilled and experienced legal representation to both employees. We strive to guide our clients and advocate on behalf of them to effectively and compassionately work on their matter.

Frequently Asked Questions & Information

Personal injury cases are some of the most common civil litigation cases, also known as “tort actions”. People who have suffered bodily injury, pain and suffering and sometimes property damage can file a claim when the injuries were caused by a negligent third person. These claims can also be filed if the third party intentional caused the harm.

While you are not required to hire an attorney to file a claim, having good counsel can make a significant difference in the outcome of your claim. A personal injury attorney has a deep understanding of the claims process and can help you navigate the complexities of the process and the law. Your attorney will also help you level the playing field with insurers and can tell you whether you are receiving fair compensation under the specific circumstances of your injuries.

If you have been injured due to the fault of someone else, there are steps you should take to ensure that you are compensated for the inevitable costs. You should do the following:

  • Take photographs and/or video of the location where you were injured as soon as possible so that you have a record of the conditions, as conditions may change at a later date. You can use a cell phone camera to do this.
  • Get the names, contact information and statements from anyone who witnesses the events leading to your injuries.
  • Seek immediate medical attention even if your symptoms are not immediately apparent. Some symptoms take time to manifest.
  • Keep a record of your injuries and note any complications that arise because of your injuries.
  • Report the incident as soon as possible after it occurs.
  • Take notes about what happened as soon as possible after you are injured as memories fade with time.
  • Keep receipts of any medication and medical care that you receive as a result of your injuries.
  • Contact an experienced attorney who can help you navigate your claim.

Not all personal injury claims result in a court filing. In fact, the majority of cases are settled without litigation. If your case is filed and litigated, you can expect it to take 12-24 months from the date of filing a lawsuit until the trial date. The majority of cases settle before trial but some cases need to be put in front of a jury. According to the Judicial Council of California, in 2018, 210,000 unlimited civil cases (cases seeking $25,000 or more in damages) were filed and 1,127 went to trial. This means that less than 1% of unlimited civil cases actually go to trial.

If you have suffered injuries as the result of someone else’s negligence, you should act quickly to ensure that you are able to recover compensation for your losses. You can get compensation in two ways: (1) filing a personal injury insurance claim or (2) filing a personal injury lawsuit.

You should notify your insurance company and the responsible party’s insurance company as soon as possible after your injuries. Most insurance companies request that you file your claim within 24-48 hours after the incident. When you file a personal injury insurance claim, you are requesting that the at-fault party’s insurance pay for the losses that you suffered as a result of their negligence. The compensation amount is determined during the negotiations.

If you cannot settle with the insurance company, you can file a personal injury lawsuit. The time limit in California to file a personal injury claim against an individual or non-governmental entity is two (2) years from the date of injury.

Failing to file a claim within the statute of limitations will result in losing your right to financial compensation. Soon after your injury, contact a knowledgeable attorney who can explain the time limits to you.