Offering Experienced Personal Injury Legal Counsel
Should I hire an attorney after being in a car collision?
It depends. Unless the collision was relatively minor in terms of vehicle damage and medical attention required, you will likely have a better outcome working with an experienced attorney. If you have suffered serious physical injuries, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible after a collision.
How can Salusky Law Group help after a collision?
Hiring an attorney puts someone in your corner who is familiar with California law. It is important to evaluate all potential sources of liability, which includes the other driver(s) but may also include a public agency or private property owner, depending on whether the location of the injury contained a dangerous design. It is critical to meet with a knowledgeable attorney to evaluate these issues right away as there are shorter timelines to submit a claim if a public entity shares responsibility in the injuries that you suffered.
What should I do right after a collision?
It is important to do the following after you are involved in a motor vehicle collision:
- Take photographs of the location and position of the vehicles so that you have documentation of the conditions and point of impact.
- Obtain the name and contact information for any witnesses as well as a statement of what they saw.
- Exchange insurance information and driver’s license information for the other driver(s) involved.
- Call the police to take a report.
- Request that any video footage at the scene be preserved.
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- Obtain medical attention immediately from a health care professional.
- Keep a list of all treaters and medical providers so that your attorney can negotiate any medical liens on your behalf.
Do I have to give a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster?
No - When the adjuster asks to record the call, you can politely decline the recording and simply give an accounting of the basic facts of the collision. You are under no obligation to consent to a recording of the interview.
What if I cannot afford an attorney?
At Salusky Law Group, we believe that everyone deserves a high level of service and advocacy, no matter what their financial status. We handle matters on a contingency basis which means that you pay us only if we recover a verdict or settlement on your behalf.
Why Choose Salusky Law Group?
We are experienced in handling motor vehicle collision cases and determining at the outset whether or not there is additional liability based on a dangerous design of the roadway or traffic signal system. We will give you the personalized attention that you deserve and keep you regularly updated on the status of your case.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Case
If you have suffered injuries as the result of the negligence of another person, help is available. Call us at (562) 855-0004 to schedule a case evaluation.